Sunday, July 17, 2011

Trip to Ouaga

I took a bus this morning to the capital of Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou (wa-ga-do-goo). The trip was pretty uneventful. There was lots of bus honking... I am unsure at what, but I know that it is frightening howl. It was interesting that the young man next to me was using a Nintendo DS as an MP3 player. He had those old-school headphones we used for our cassette and CD players. They didn't hold the sound in, so I got to hear his rap music.

I went by some venders that I bought things from the year before after lunch. They recognized me. It has been 13 months since I had seen them, but it was nice to be remembered. As we were discussing our transaction, he stopped me and said, "You speak french now, it is much better than last year. You preferred to talk in english." So I guess it is getting better, but it is hard to gauge because I have to listen to myself everyday and I know that I still have so much to learn.

Continue to pray for his glory to be spread through out the world.

No comments: